ICT to Support Inclusive Education
Education is a basic right and essential for both self-development and access to employment. However, many disabled people experience barriers to accessing education and consequently have fewer opportunities than non-disabled people. Approaches to overcoming these barriers include the use of technology, changes in attitudes and legislation. The focus of this session will be ICT-based learning technologies to support inclusive education and the associated pedagogical issues which can act as barriers or enablers.Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Case studies of new technologies and good practice.
- Critical evaluations of existing technologies
- Approaches to designing new technologies
- Accessibility, usability and support issues
- Design for all approaches.
- Classification and evaluation
- Pedagogical issues
- International comparisons.
- Accessible multi-media
- Mobile learning technologies
- Educational games
- Methods and tools to support inclusive education
- Design of accessible electronic materials and eBooks
- Voice interaction and personal assistants
- Robots interaction to support and favorite inclusive education
This STS is organised in cooperation with the EU-cofunded project RADAR:Vocational Guidance and Employability for Blind and Partially Sighted People, Code 2019-1-IT01-KA202-007396 - CUP G15G19000150006
Contributions to a STS have to be submitted using the standard submission procedures of ICCHP.
When submitting your contribution please make sure to select the right STS under "Special Thematic Session". Contributions to a STS are evaluated by the Programme Committee of ICCHP and by the chair(s) of the STS. Please get in contact with the STS chairs for discussing your involvement and pre-evaluation of your contribution. Submission Deadline for Contributions to STSs: April 1, 2020